THE MISSING PIECE OF MOST
PRIVATE EQUITY DUE DILIGENCE.
The PE due diligence checklist is already long enough: commercial, financial, legal, operations. What could be missing? Yet the value of the target acquisition’s brand is too often overlooked. Our Due Diligence Brand Equity Audit adds a layer of definition to the value of the company’s current brand positioning, so it can factor into your valuation of the company as a whole.
TAILORED EQUITY REPORTS FOR:
You’ve decided this new business fits into your growth strategy. Can you leverage the brand potential to expedite investor or stakeholder goals?
How would you integrate this brand into your existing operations? In the First 100 Days? Further along the product roadmap?
Template for Execution
Shorten the space between acquisition and traction. We’ve walked this road with PE-backed teams and identified three keys to understanding brand equity.
MARKETING AND SALES AUDIT
MARKETING AND SALES AUDIT
We combine stakeholder interviews and a thorough audit of public data to evaluate the target company’s current marketing and sales capabilities including the health of the team and its ability to drive growth.
We audit internal and external messaging along with the perspectives of customers and employees to identify what differentiates the brand from its competitors. The value of the brand to its customers can present a meaningful competitive advantage.
We look to historic data to report on the brand’s engagement trends. Are they moving in the right direction, gaining brand awareness? Are there hurdles to overcome in a tarnished brand? Or are they losing relevance and; as a result, market share?
Beyond balance sheets and profit and loss statements, a thorough brand equity audit will help PE decision-makers evaluate the core business, and/or add-on acquisitions to ensure the brand story is aligned with the growth strategy.
Our Due Diligence Brand Equity Audit helps answer questions like:
- Does this brand’s reputation elevate or detract from other companies?
- If acquired, should the brand be maintained or folded into another company?
- What can the target company add to our marketing capabilities?
- What investment will be needed to position this brand for success?
- How will this company be perceived by strategic or financial buyers?
With a Due Diligence Brand Equity Audit in hand, you’ll be ready to:
- Drive value creation during strategic planning sessions.
- Execute a brand architecture strategy that builds on the strengths of all brands involved.
- Plan messaging that is inclusive of the new acquisition’s customer base.
- Strengthen your marketing team and roadmap with lessons learned in the audit process.
If an acquisition is in your future, this data will set you up for a smooth integration of your new acquisition.
WE’RE READY TO DIVE IN
Our tried-and-tested project takes just 4 weeks from sign-off and requires minimal input from your team.
If you’re ready to add brand equity to your due diligence process, let’s talk.